This easy vegan bruschetta features with sourdough, guacamole, olive oil and basil for the perfect Italian-inspired appetizer topped with pili nuts.
(Makes 2 sandwiches)
- 2 Slices of Sourdough bread
- 1 Small Avocado(mashed)
- 1 Medium size tomato(chopped)
- A few Basil Leaves
- 2ts Lime Juice
- 1/4 Red Onion (thinly chopped)
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 ts Date syrup
- 15g Pili nuts
- 1 garlic (minced)
- Preheat the oven.
- Place slices of bread on baking sheet, apply olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt; bake slices in oven about 1 or 2 minutes until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl mash avocado, lime juice, sprinkle some salt, pepper, add thinly chopped red onion.
- In a separate large bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Mince garlic clove in to the mixture.
- Spread smashed avocado mixture onto each slice of toast, then generously spoon tomato topping on top. Garnish with basil, sprinkle some pili nuts and add a dash of date syrup. Serve immediately.