This Chocolate Dates recipe includes Medjool dates filled with activated pili nuts and pistachios and covered in melted Peruvian ceremonial cacao to make the ultimate energising treat. 🍫
Essentially You only need 4 ingredients to make them and they are also vegan and gluten free too!
Toppings, we like to garnish the chocolate dates with either crushed nuts,
matcha, cacao powder and desiccated coconut.
50g Ceremonial Cacao
50g Cacao Butter
20 medjool dates
10 pili nuts
Topping ideas: Crushed nuts, cacao powder, desiccated coconut, matcha powder, dried rose petals.
1. Melt the ceremonial cacao with cacao butter using the double boiler method.
2. Remove pits from dates. Using a knife or your fingers, carefully slice a date lengthways to open and remove the pit.
3. Add a nut or two in the middle (depending on the size of the date)
4. Close the date and dip into the melted cacao using your fingers or a fork. Make sure they are fully coated and allow the excess chocolate to drip off then place on a tray with parchment paper.
5. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice and allow the chocolate to set.
How to store chocolate dates?
Once they have set, you can either store them in the fridge or freezer. we personally store ours in the freezer and allow them to defrost for 5 minutes and they’re ready to eat!