For the Pistachio Layer:
- 1 cup raw Gaziantep pistachios
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Pili Nut Cream Layer:
- 1 cup raw pili nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
For the Raw Green Marzipan Layer:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Green food coloring (use natural food coloring if desired)
- In a food processor, blend the Gaziantep pistachios until finely ground.
- Add the dates, shredded coconut, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan or cake mold. Smooth it out to create an even layer. Place in the freezer while preparing the next layer.
Pili Nut Cream Layer:
- Rinse the pili nuts under cold water and drain.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the pili nuts, coconut milk, maple syrup or agave nectar, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pili nut cream over the pistachio layer in the springform pan. Spread it out evenly.
- Return the pan to the freezer and freeze for about 2 hours, or until firm.
Raw Green Marzipan Layer:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, maple syrup or agave nectar, and almond extract. Mix well until a dough forms.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix until the desired shade of green is achieved.
- Roll out the marzipan dough between two sheets of parchment paper to fit the size of the cake pan.
- Take the cake pan out of the freezer and place the green marzipan layer on top of the pili nut cream layer. Press it down gently.
- Place the cake pan back in the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until the cake is completely set.
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Carefully remove the cake from the springform pan or cake mold.
- Garnish the cake with additional Gaziantep pistachios, if desired.
- Slice and serve the raw Gaziantep pistachio cake with pili nut cream and raw green marzipan on top. Enjoy!
Note: Make sure to store any leftovers in the freezer as this cake will soften at room temperature.